Saturday 5 December 2015

Keeping my weight gain steady - Fit and healthy Friday's

 (This post was written 3 weeks ago and published today)

Welcome to my new series called 'Fit and healthy Friday's. Where I'd love for you to join me as I reflect on how my week went with how my fit and healthy pregnancy aspirations are going. I'll write up some stats on my weight gain and what exercises I've been up to.

17 weeks pregnant with baby no#5
 Feeling some baby wiggles!



Exercise completed: I went on a 30 minute power walk with my dog Sandy every evening except one. On Thursday I went for a 50 minute walk and went up and down this staircase twice.I don't have much of a plan at this stage except for just to get my shoes on and do something active.
Exercise goals: To do a toning workout routine at least 3 times a week to add onto my walking. Which will include arm weights, squats, lunges and some pregnancy abdominal work.

Weight gained this week: No more than about 200grams
Total weight gained so far this pregnancy: 5.4kg

A few sample days menus of exactly what I ate:
*Keep in mind I'm pregnant, so in no way am I restricting calories, I eat until I'm full. I'm focusing on nourishing my baby, keeping my blood sugar levels stable (sugars low, adding protein with every main meal) and keeping my weight gain steady. 

Day one
B: 2 bacon rashes and 2 eggs fried in coconut oil (S)
MT: Watermelon with 1 spoonful coconut yoghurt (E)
L: Sandwich with gluten free grainy bread (E)
AT: Chocolate muffin in a mug (XO) - made from almond meal and sweetened with a little honey as I had no stevia (recipe from Trim Healthy Mama plan)
T: Sweet potato fritters (XO) I used whole eggs with the grated sweet potato and fried them in coconut oil which made it a crossover meal I think
S: Bowl of berries with coconut yoghurt (S)

Day two - an example of an extra hungry day for me
B: 3 egg omelet with hard goat cheese, avocado and tomatoes
MT: 1 peach, rice crackers (E)
L: Gluten free wrap with salmon, salad, avocado, and a few leftover sweet potato fritters on the side. Two squares 85% dark chocolate (xo)
AT: Banana, peanut butter gluten free wrap (XO)
T: Roast lamb with sweet potato, red onion, spinach and radish salad, a few potato wedges (XO)
S: Fruit with sparkling grape juice and 6 extra squares of chocolate and macadamia nuts (sugar overdose..oopsy)

*The letters S, E and XO are types of meals from the health book "Trim Healthy Mama Plan" by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison. 
*B = Breakfast, MT = Morning Tea, L = Lunch, AT = Afternoon tea, T = Tea (our main meal), S = Supper (I can't survive without a snack in evening when I'm pregnant) 

Food goals:
Include more vegetables especially as salads. Try to have one healthy snack in the evening for supper and not sit and graze just because it's become a habit. 

See you next Friday! 

Blessings, Peta 

How about you? Do you have any health goals for this week, or would like to make some? Comment below, I would love to hear from my readers. 










No comments:

Post a Comment