Friday 11 December 2015

Fit and Healthy Friday's week #5


Welcome again to my new series called 'Fit and healthy Friday's. Where I'd love for you to join me as I reflect on how my week went with how my fit and healthy pregnancy aspirations are going.I started this as a way to keep myself on track but you are welcome to join me and read along.


21 weeks pregnant with baby no#5
Hello to Holly there too, crawling around on the grass, yes she's still crawling, none of my babies have been in a hurry to walk



Exercise completed: 3 fast walks between 15 to 35 minutes each.1 set of squats
Exercise goals: To do some arm toning weights this week.

Weight gained this week: 100 grams
Total weight gained so far this pregnancy: 6.4kg. 

A few sample days menus of exactly what I ate:
*Keep in mind I'm pregnant, so in no way am I restricting calories, I eat until I'm full. I'm focusing on nourishing my baby, keeping my blood sugar levels stable (sugars low, adding protein with every main meal) and keeping my weight gain steady. 

Day one.
B: Muesli, half a banana with almond and cashew milk (E)
MT: Whole grain rice crackers with hard goat cheese (XO)
L: Large salad with roasted sweet potato and tuna (E)
AT: Honey dew melon with 1 spoonful coconut yoghurt, 2 squares of dark choc (XO)
T: Zucchini fritters (XO)
S: Berries with 1 spoonful coconut yoghurt (FP)    

Day two.
B: Muesli with almond milk (E)
MT: Paleo bar (XO)
L: Salad with eggs. Choc, peanut butter fudge (S)
AT: Rock melon (E)
T: Sausages with salad (S)
S: Berries with chia seed pudding  and dark choc (S)  

The food I eat is nothing interesting really, but I've found that consistently eating healthy meals is what keeps my weight in check. I always eat a very healthy lunch, my downfall is snacking. This is where I find I can go overboard. Things I've done in the past to help me from eating too much at snack time is to take a handful of nuts, or whatever I'm eating and to put the rest of the packet away out of sight. Also to sit down when I snack and not rush around. I tend to savor what I'm eating more, enjoy it and am less likely to reach for more.
 
 
*The letters S, E and XO are types of meals from the health book "Trim Healthy Mama Plan" by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison. 
*B = Breakfast, MT = Morning Tea, L = Lunch, AT = Afternoon tea, T = Tea (our main meal), S = Supper (I can't survive without a snack in evening when I'm pregnant) 

Food goals:
To bake some thing from the latest 'Nourish' magazine. I love this mag and everything looks so healthy and tasty!


See you next Friday! 

Blessings, Peta 

How about you
I'm a chocoholic and sometimes can't resist treats like dried mango. Do you have food downfalls that you can't seem to stop yourself from eating?

Blessings,
Peta  










No comments:

Post a Comment